Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week Four


Awesome Coffee, Delicious Chicken



This church is right behind my hotel.  Although it looks out of place, I'm fairly certain it's been there much longer then the shops, hotels and apartment buildings surrounding it.



These crazy Koreans on scooters are everywhere.  It's bad enough you have to worry about the reckless drivers on the roads but you also have to worry about getting run over by a scooter on the sidewalk.

Oh, by the way, I was officially in my first taxi cab accident today.  Well, it wasn't much of an accident being that another cab only hit my cab's passenger side mirror but an accident nonetheless.  It was funny because my cabby simply stopped and stared at the other cabby until the other cabby finally rolled down his window and fixed the mirror on my cab.  All was well after that.  I guess they were both gellin'!!!


A little coffee shop right down the road from my hotel.



Saw this over in the corner...I'm not too sure what they're doing with the coffee grounds here.


Looks like some sort of high-speed coffee grinder/maker maybe?  What ever it is, it looks cool.


Even in a coffee shop in South Korea you can find Martinelli's apple juice!




Okay, when my clerk and I went to pick up our order, we were expecting to grab a couple coffee cups and our food on paper plates.  Not so much...this is the culinary presentation we actually got.  Starbucks...you got nothin'!!!  
 

I ordered a caramel macchiato, a blueberry bagel with cream cheese and plain cake donut.  All for about 8,000 won or 6 bucks.  Can't beat that!


There's a saying in Korea, "the more barber poles there are, the more services they offer."  That is why barbershops in Korea are on the off-limits list for all U.S. military personnel.  This one has only two poles.  The most I've seen so far is three or four.  I'm on the hunt!




Here's a restaurant that was recommended to me as a good place to get really good chicken.




The menu.  Well this is only one of it's pages.  There were other pages with more traditional selections like some kind of dried cod and squid dish.  I'll pass on that.  Although, one the side items sounded pretty good.  If I remember correctly, it was sweet potato and pumpkin cheese gratin.  I think I may try that next time.  Anyhow, I ordered the one on the bottom left.



Waiting patiently for my food.



No, that's not my beer.  That's my coke on the left.  But what's with the bucket?


I ordered the Teriyaki Crunch Chicken.  Delectable!



A glass case with plastic examples of the dishes the restaurant in my hotel offers.


The view from my hotel window.  Not too shabby!


No comments:

Post a Comment